As I find myself sharing a lot these days, the limit to connection in online formats isn’t typically technical. The core invitation online is as it is in face-to-face gatherings — presence. The articles below are good guidelines to encourage that presence.
With many people finding themselves suddenly shifting their in-person circles and meetings to virtual/online, here are some previous blog posts and resources that might be useful:
- A case for online circles: A story that might help ease others’ concerns about shifting to an online circle
- Hosting online circles, including some suggestions
- Hosting circles online
- Tips for hosting and participating in online circles
- Bringing center into online Zoom circle
- Welcoming our humanity with a check-in question – a story of an online check-in with Zoom break-out groups
- Also, here is a PDF you can download and share with participants of your online circle: Tips for Participating in Online Zoom Circles.
I also got to include a piece, “5 Tips for Re-humanizing Meeting Structure and Process.” It complements an article by Slovenian, Natalija Vrhunc on using circle with medical teams.
For inspiration. Reach out if you want / need help with online circling.